The Investment Promotion Agency (API), placed under the supervision of the Ministry in charge of promoting the private sector, is a public administrative body with financial autonomy (Article 1 of Act no. 19-2012 of 22 August 2012 creating the Investment Promotion Agency). It is administered and managed by an Executive Committee and a General Management.
Under the supervision of the Management Committee, the Investment Promotion Agency is managed and run by a Directorate General.
- Implementing the government's investment policy through the following activities promoting and facilitating private investment;
- Helping to improve the business environment ;
- Develop and promote a brand image that will attract potential investors to the Congo
A.P.I. provides investors with the following services :
- welcoming, informing, assisting and supporting foreign and domestic investors and domestic investors throughout the stages of setting up investment projects;
- Assistance in obtaining the visas needed for foreign staff to stay in the Congo and the in the Congo and the authorisations required to implement investment programmes ;
- Support for the development of partnerships between Congolese and foreign companies ;
- supporting Congolese companies in expanding their activities ;
- supporting foreign investors in their search for and development of growth drivers in the Congo ;
- capacity building for companies ;
- organising economic and commercial events ;
- providing investors with reliable information on investment opportunities and other economic, commercial and technical data ;
- support in carrying out identification, feasibility, monitoring and evaluation studies for investment projects.